Sunday, August 23, 2009

eh


Hey-o, Bloggers. I got a DSi. Woo.
Also got the starter kit. Came with protective screens, extra styluses, carrying case, ear buds, car adapter, and game card cases. I'd say it 'twas a fairly good investment. Don't wanna scratch up the touch screen, especially since I didn't pay the extra 20 bucks for 2 year warranty..

Annnd I picked up a 2 GB SD card at Wireless Toyz and tried out the DSi store.


I linked the DS to my Club Nintendo account, downloaded Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again, Bird and Beans, the Internet Browser, Flipnote Studios, and the Facebook app for the camera. It was all free of charge. Woo.

I probably wouldn't have payed for that stuff anyway, though.. <.<



Games I've Been Playing:



"Drawn to Life" - Despite the game coming out like 2 years ago, I only just got it.. mainly because 1) it was only 10 bucks (used), and 2) it's from the same developers who are working on "Scribblenauts"-- 5th Cell.

In the game, you play as the creator of the world. You create stuff by drawing doodles in a book. But one day the book is stolen, so you have to make a hero to get it back.

From an artist's perspective, I must say the game is pretty impressive.
But from a gamer's perspective.. a little on the kiddy side.

They have a really cool concept, it's just.. the gameplay isn't there. And you get the feeling that it's skewed for a younger age group. You can do some cool stuff, though. I drew my cartoon character "Piggy" as my hero.


It's probably worth trying out. Nice little rental for a rainy day.

"Peggle Dual Shot" - You probably have heard of Peggle before, it's been around since loike 2007, but it just came to DS early this year. It's from Popcap, makers of "Bejeweled". It's kind of like a cross between pachinko and pinball. Here's teh basic idea: You launch a silver ball into a maze of pegs, and try to hit the orange ones. The concept is simple, and a lot of the game is based on luck, but it's really addicting. Finishing off levels feels very rewarding; when you hit the last orange peg "Ode to Joy" starts playing.


"Team Fortress 2" - I'm not even a big FPS fan, and love 'dis game. peoplez at valve is genius! 'Nuff said.


Games I'm Highly Anticipating:


"Metroid Prime Trilogy" - Comes out tomorrow. I didn't reserve a copy, though. Probably will get it but not opening day.


"Scribblenauts" - Preordered this like a month ago. Looks amazing.


"Mario and Luigi Partner's in Time" - Veddy nice. I clicked "intend to buy" on my club nintendo account. :o

No comments:

Post a Comment